Kids & Teens
- Suppleness & Fitness
- Mind Body Resilience
- Peaceful Self Defense
- Disarm Bullying
- Self Confidence
- Respect & Cooperation
Akido Kid’s class is one of the most important classes offered in Shin Sen Dojo. When babies are born they radiate a Ki Energy as they are fresh from the source of Ki (the Hara).
If you play with a baby or small child, you will notice they have the ability for example to hold their arm extended substantially (relative to their size) without the use of force or struggle. Ki in its pure state.
As children grow older most often they lose contact with that original state and develop conditioned responses to interaction.
They can react in a non-centered way with anger, aggression or feel overwhelmed and withdrawn.
By kids doing Aikido they reconnect to that original energy – we call Ki, and develop confidence to deal with interaction in a centered way.
- Calmly & peacefully resolve conflict
- Be inclusive, respectful, cooperative & care for all
- Reconnect to their bodies in a enjoyable active way
- Increase health, fitness, suppleness and coordination
- Receive techniques safely through the art if Ukemi (rolling & falling)
- Build physical and mental resilience
- Develop concentration and mindfulness
- They develop group awareness-skills that teach them the power of inclusiveness and win/win outcomes.
On a physical level they reconnect to their bodies in an active way that increases health, fitness, suppleness and physical and mental resilience.
Kids Aikido is taught in a relaxed fun and safe environment to develop self defense and mindfulness skills. These skills will teach then to welcome all of life’s challenges with open arms and create success.
Kids classes follow the school term. Mondays 4.45pm to 5.45pm and Wednesdays 5.55pm to 7.00pm. The kids classes will start again on Wednesday 22nd July 2020 and Monday 27th July 2020.